19 September 2011

On Coming Out - Part 3

Yeah, I know I posted about this yesterday but my life's moving very quickly now that I'm at university.

This morning was the start of Freshers' Week, which, if you don't know, is a week where first year university students go do lots of fun things.

Today was the start of the Freshers' Fair too where I was able to join a number of general interest clubs and societies. A few of them caught the interest of the nerd in me; sci-fi, comic books, etc.

However after a little bit of hesitation, I decided to pluck up the courage and join the LGBT society.

I was initially afraid of being judged but I realised that I've not lied about my sexuality to anyone at this university (besides some friends from my old school) so I didn't really need to actively come out.

At some point in the near future, I'll attend one of their meets but today I think I'll just rest a bit.

2 comments:

  1. congrats on the LGBT group...having peps around you that is going through the same stuff always helps. Taking little steps at a time is just as good a large leaps...take is slow and make sure you are doing whats best for yourself, and to hell with everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel you have to relate to , or even like people in a LGBT group. Hopefully you find some nice mates though. My best friends were always those doing my course!

    ReplyDelete